Sunday 18 November 2012

Paris!

My experience, of visiting Paris. The city of love and culture.

Thanks to Holly, our photography class, (AS & A2) were able to visit Paris, and stay for 3 days and 2 nights. I have to say, that I'm extremely happy that I went. I was able to see such a beautiful city, but also capture moments there with my camera.




We were able to explore on our own; searching and finding inspiration from the town we were in. We stayed in a hostel called Plug-Inn. On the first day, a few friends and myself went exploring.






















We found Moulin Rouge! It was built in 1889 by Joseph Oller close to the Paris district of Pigalle. It is marked by the red windmill on its roof. Moulin Rouge is best known as the spiritual birthplace of the modern form of the can-can dance. Originally introduced as a seductive dance, however today it's a tourist attraction. It was great to see, the atmosphere around was so lively, and bright. I had a jolly evening with my friends. - 15th November.





                                                 EIFFEL TOWER


              We all went to see the Eiffel Tower the next day. I was shocked by the size of the Eiffel Tower!
The tower stands 320 metres (1,050 ft) tall! 
  
We stayed under the Eiffel Tower, for about 3-4 hours until it got dark and then......


                                                                      LIGHTS <3



When they turned the lights on, everyone around cheered. Devinya, and I sat under the Eiffel Tower and spoke for hours. It was beautiful; it gave off such a lovely atmosphere. Even though I was freezing, I was glad that I was there. Sitting there, watching, observing, thinking, laughing as the lights flashed, lighting up our evenings. 

ARC DE TRIOMPHE!














The streets, buildings in Paris are beautiful. I fell in love with them. I can’t ignore one of the things, I loved about Paris. The amazing architecture and history of the buildings and monuments. It reminds me of romantic movies.





                                                       PARIS PHOTO

Paris Photo was created in 1996 and is the most prestigious art fair dedicated to historical and contemporary photography. I would describe Paris Photo; as a maze of art. We saw photographs, from different photographers. They inspired me, and helped with ideas for my current photography project.























No comments:

Post a Comment